A few weeks ago, the Huawei Mate 50 Pro has won the crown for “best camera phone” of Google Pixel 7 Pro and HONOR Magic4 Ultimate in the ranking of hardware testing company Dxomark.
It is the same model to be launched in the Philippines on November 18 and will go on pre-order on the same date until November 24. Pricing starts at P58,999 (about $1,028), and each pre-purchase will come with a free Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro worth P11,999 ($209) plus six months of free Huawei Cloud storage up to to 200 GB. You can get it on one of the following platforms:
But is the Huawei Mate 50 Pro really as good as advertised? To find out firsthand if the flagship is the real deal or if it was all just hype, we’ve brought Huaweiwith us on our recent trip to Australia. The good news? The Mate 50 Pro did not disappoint. Watch the video below as we let the results speak for themselves.
Above, we show why we agree with Dxomark that the Huawei Mate 50 Pro deserves the top spot in the company’s camera phone rankings. For more of our videos, do subscribe to our youtube channel
Specifications Huawei Mate 50 Pro
- 6.74-inch curved OLED display, 2616 x 1212 resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 300Hz touch sampling rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 4nm processor
- 8 GB RAM
- 256GB/512GB storage
- 50-megapixel triple main, 13-megapixel ultra-wide and 64-megapixel telephoto rear cameras with adjustable physical aperture
- 13 megapixel front camera + TOF 3D sensor
- Fingerprint sensor under the screen
- 4,700 mAh battery with 66 watt USB-C fast charging, 50 watt wireless charging
- IP68 dust and water resistance
- EMUI 13
- Colors: Black, Silver, Orange